Formulation of the Vision for this Group of companies, the generation of a corporate management system and the creation of a management holding company
The Kaalbye Group is a major international conglomerate in the shipping market. It specialises in commercial and freight services, and the maintenance management for cargo fleets.
Project duration: 4 months
To determine the long-term focus of the international group of companies, and create a management company.
The first stage was to determine the long-term (5-10 year) vision for the group, which was conceived as shifting the management of the company from managing a set of assets to a system in accordance with the strategic idea. The next stage was the formation of a management company providing direction under corporate principles. And finally, a management company was to be created to the following aspects:
- A model for the responsibilities of the board of directors
- Defining the tasks and responsibilities of operational committees
- The role of a director in the head office of the management company
- Principles of involving independent directors in decision-making
- The role of executive directors in the management group
- Regulations of the secretariat
- Principles of corporate conduct