The development project entitled Leadership Stability and Interaction in the L’Oréal Ukraine Team has been launched.
As international studies evidence, in the times of wars and global catastrophes, team leadership and the interaction model must be rethought. Such a special project, with a focus on entrepreneurship and people’s safety, will be held together with the L’Oréal Ukraine team.
But what are the basic steps to stabilize the work of the team? We have put together a practical list for you from international researchers in the field of “disaster management.”
8 tips for organizing the work of the team in the time of crisis:
- Stay focused on the already existing long-term goals while prioritizing disaster recovery.
- Require active participation and rapid decision-making from yourself and your team.
- Before a crisis, build a team of diverse and complementary people with the experience, who can make difficult decisions and enforce them, and who trust each other.
- Set near-term goals, priorities and actions for restoring essential services, as well as for long-term recovery.
- Convey, communicate the main recovery mission, indicating its main strategic principles.
- Emphasize the overall shared goal of recovery for the organization and make it clear that this is not about personal agendas. Everyone’s personal space should be taken into account. A balance of interests: company & person are especially important, without bias towards one direction only.
- Model a new system to reduce or eliminate the impact of disaster risks. We need to see potential direct/indirect losses and consequences in several areas: economic, socio-cultural and infrastructural. Work on “risk outsourcing” (external partnerships, insurances, regulatory policies, etc.).
- Participate in the creation or create prerequisites for reducing the impact, disaster recovery of a system larger than your own company: market, industry, city, country, etc.