Strategic held a strategy session for ETG.UA, a Ukrainian company, which is a national energy provider of natural gas and electricity for business.
One of the main criteria for operating efficiency in a fast-moving competitive market is creating a new value proposition, business diversification. ETG.UA hired the Strategic’s team to launch a new business line.
To form a project of a minimally viable value proposition and the basis of the business model, Strategic held a launch strategy session, at which, together with the TOP team of ETG.UA, they tried to find answers to the following questions:
- What we want, or what our list of expectations/goals is
- Market opportunities: new niches/unsatisfied consumer needs. Consumer trends that are obvious now
- The size of the potential market in the future 2-3 years, the likely margin
- Regulatory and market restrictions in the context of the “oligopolistic market”
- What/where is the business for us, and where is it not? Arguments
- Designing the MVP (minimum viable proposition): Who shall be chosen as a Consumer? Which of their tasks/problems can we solve? What shall be the core of the value proposition for finding first followers?
- The question is HOW? What business model to choose to enter the market and develop in the market? We begin to build a basic business model
- Why is it important to start this business right now, and what does it take?
In order to reach the final vision of the business idea, business model, go-to-market strategy, further questions and tasks to be solved are formed.