In the uncertainty of 2022, issues of critical thinking, decision-making culture, proactivity, readiness for changes and focus become key to creating a new way of doing business. Oksana Shchehelska was able to bring these questions to a table together with the speakers of Reinvention Business Forum 2022.
Key theses of the forum:
- It is important to change our worldview: to stop asking ourselves “How can we live it up to stability?” and start asking “How can we thrive in constant instability?”
- Ukrainians have a traditional culture of non-acceptance of hierarchical structures (Cossack Sich, Makhno, Maidan, Dobrobats, volunteers, communities, etc.). Heterarchy is our permanent ability to organize ourselves.
- The brand of Ukraine has become stronger, and this helps in negotiations on the global market. Any Ukrainian company can grow into a global one.
- Make a partnership with those who you want to hug. Today’s teams share common values.
- The problem is not that no one knew that there would be war. The problem is that the people who were admitted to making key management decisions were reluctant to see these things.
- Now, the main support for people is their involvement in actions. Team unity is very important now. It adds up to the psychological stability. Today’s “How are you?” is more important than KPI.
- An effective relevant strategy takes into account the consequences of its implementation (and the subsequent analysis of such consequences). You should also understand that any of your strategies is a hypothesis that needs to be tested regularly.
- Adaptability is a key to survival. Realistic pragmatic: let’s plan our future with the fact the war will never end in mind. How exactly will you build a business under such conditions, and what will you give up in order to focus on the main thing?
- If you stay where you are, there will be fewer and fewer resources for survival.
- The world does not change, the world is being CHANGED.